FERRIES TO THE BALTICS, POLAND & FINLAND
For our guests coming by car or own bicycle from the neighbouring countries like Germany, Sweden and Finland, the best choice is to use one of international ferries running across the Baltic Sea.
Ferry terminal in Klaipėda, Lithuania:
- DFDS ferry lines from Kiel (Germany) and Karlshamn (Sweden);
- TT-Line ferry line from Rostock (Germany) with a stop in Trelleborg (Sweden)
Ferry terminals in Latvia:
- Riga for TALLINK / SILJA LINE ferries from Stockholm (Sweden) and Helsinki (Finland)
- Liepaja (220 km from Riga, 100 km from Klaipėda in Lithuania) for STENALINE ferries from Travemünde (Germany)
- Ventspils (187 km from Riga) for STENALINE ferries from Nynäshamn (Sweden)
Ferry terminals in Estonia:
- Tallinn for many ferry lines from Helsinki (Finland) and Stockholm (Sweden)
- Paldiski (50 km from Tallinn) for TALLINK / SILJA LINE ferries from Kapelskar (Sweden)
Ferry terminals in Finland:
- Helsinki (as a stopover on the way to Tallinn) for FINNLINES ferries from Travemünde (Germany) and many other ferry lines from Sweden and Finland
Ferry terminals in Gdansk & Gdynia, Poland:
- POLFERRIES ferries to Gdansk from Nynäshamn (Sweden)
- STENALINE ferries to Gdynia from Karlskrona (Sweden)
For our guests coming from further countries in Europe and faraway overseas destinations, we always recommend to use planes landing in cities where our bike tours start and/or finish: Vilnius, Palanga/Klaipeda, Riga, Tallinn, Gansk, Warsaw, Moscow, Saint Petersburg.
Airports in Lithuania (LT):
- VILNIUS (VNO) - (Lithuanian: Vilniaus oro uostas) is the largest airport in Lithuania with regular flights operated by many traditional airlines having destinations mainly in Europe and low cost airlines Ryanair, Wizz Air & Air Baltic.
- KAUNAS (KUN) - 100 km/63 mi. away from Vilnius and 220 km/164 mi. away from Klaipėda, with regular flights operated only by low cost airline Ryanair and Polish Airline LOT. There is a regular Kaunas Airport Express minibus connection to Vilnius and Klaipėda.
- PALANGA / KLAIPEDA (PLQ) - 35 km/22 mi. away from Klaipėda, with regular flights operated by traditional and low cost airlines. Due to good connecting flights (SAS, Air Baltic) it is easy to reach this airport from many destinations via Copenhagen (DK) and Riga (LV). Low cost airlines (Wizz Air, Ryan Air) operate direct flights from London Luton & Stanstead (UK).
Airport in Latvia (LV):
- RIGA (RIX) - (Latvian: Starptautiskā lidosta) is the largest international airport in the Baltic states with direct flights to over 80 destinations in 30 countries. Latvian national carrier airBaltic is the biggest in the airport, followed by Ryanair.
Airport in Estonia (EE):
- TALLINN (TLL) - (Estonian: Tallinna lennujaam) or Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport (Estonian: Lennart Meri Tallinna lennujaam) is the largest airport in Estonia and serves as a hub for the national airline Nordica, as well as the secondary hub for AirBaltic and LOT Polish Airlines.
Airport in Finland (FI):
- HELSINKI (HEL) as a stopover on the way to Tallinn (by plane or ferry)
Airports in Poland (PL):
Airports in Russia (RU):
Coming by Car
Even if you like driving your own car, we always recommend to shorten long driving distances from Western Europe by taking an overnight ferry from Kiel (Germany) to Klaipeda (22 hours). The travel time to Klaipėda on roads from Berlin is approx. 13 hours (1200 km) while from Warsaw - only 7 hours (640 km). If driving a car to Vilnius instead of Klaipėda, the travel time will be 1 hour less while distance decrease by appr. 150 km.
Car parking at the arrival hotel in Klaipeda is free of charge as long as the guests stay overnight in the hotel, afterwards - in the guarded parking lot next to the hotel (subject to a charge).
Car parking at the arrival hotels in the capital cities Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn is a subject to a charge.